Tuesday, October 20, 2009

welcome.

i write this ( in all lower case because it seems like the trendy thing to do) while i am in the written throes of pg. 19 of a novel that's been lodged in my subconscious for far too long.

the idea here is that i involve you, the reader, in my writing process. it struck me that so few writers, aspiring or otherwise, engage an audience while they wade through what is an incredibly insecure process.

i've decided to take account of that insecurity and share with all of you that, more often than not, i want to self-flagellate after a night of writing.(coincidentally , i also want to do this after watching any john woo movie, having the smell of curry enter my nostrils, catching a glimpse of ann coulter's adam's apple, going to tucson, the list goes on and on...)

i will post five pages a week and will do so until i'm finished or the self-flagellation becomes too much to bear. so please, read, comment, criticize, heap praise, enjoy.

cl.

7 comments:

  1. You're going in my google reader pronto. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cami! Why in the world are you up at 4:18 a.m.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHRISTIAN! I AM GOING TO TYPE MY COMMENTS IN ALL CAPS JUST TO OFFSET YOUR LOWERCASE AND EVEN OUT THE BLOG. I LOVE THIS IDEA AND CANNOT WAIT TO READ UP ON YOU AS I STALK YOUR EVERY MOVE ANYWAY. HAVE A GOOD DAY.... AND I REALLY LIKE WHAT YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks j.ball. and i'm not wearing anything so go figure you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now follower number 8... Crap! I'm using regular capitalization so I'm not that trendy. tOO BUCK THAT TREND i'LL JUST TRY AND LEAVE MY caps lock ON.

    Regardless, I'm looking forward to this literary journey. POY

    ReplyDelete