Tuesday, November 3, 2009

filling the gaps...

hello all,

more pages to come soon but first i'd like to share something old that has just recently been recreated and therefore become new .



searching for exile.

thoroughfare of sadness
weathered and fraying at the seams
like a mother who has just lost a child.

the deafening patter of hurried feet
echoes a mainstream in aimless wander.
artful lines of vulcanized, amorphous elasticity
make them as punchdrunk
as the vagrant with the sign on the corner.

my madness.
calculated is my walk, i yearn for an opening
a void in this collection of concrete.
my search for exile begins and continues.

night descends upon me once again
a recurrence around which i should not linger
but i am conned by the consoling colors of twilight.

each facade as uneven
as the unanswered questions
in my head.

in my hands i cup my fate
like precious water.



does all of this matter in the end?





2 comments:

  1. Existential Nihilist hoping to be proven wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. I am cautiously pessimistic about society, especially American society. I am, however, proven wrong every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete